Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Day 5

It is more than half way through the week and I am not sure what just happened to my story. Okay, so when I went into this I had no idea what I was going to write about. I had some general ideas on my first character (Who now happens to be my main character, at least one of them.) but I avoided coming up with a plot because I didn't want to try and make it too perfect when I actually got to writing it. Then a few days ago I found myself still trying to make it perfect. I think it's because I kept thinking that people were going to see it and judge it.

Once I finally figured out my reasoning for my stalling, I chucked it out the window.  I reread the "Week One" section of No Plot! No Problem! and I decided to force myself to write anything that came to mind. I steered the story into a really weird scenario based off whatever I could think to type. It worked and all of a sudden I felt free of my horrible confinements. Go me!

Day: 5   Word Count: 4443

No comments:

Post a Comment