Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Blog 11: Lesson 1 Reflection



Oh look, someone took a photo of my conclusion.

1. What are you most proud of in your lesson, and why?

I am really proud of the way that I presented, the quotes that I chose and the fact that I managed to not go over the time limit. I mean, I don't actually really remember much about the actual presentation, but that sort of comes with the whol social anxiety thing. But from what I do remember, I generally stayed in one place, I used hand gestures and I didn't stumble over too many of my words. So unless I did something stupid that I just can't remember, I would count this presentation as a win. 

I think the quotes especially made me proud. I really love quotes, and they are a key part to why I am so passionate about storytelling. I was glad that I had quotes on hand that acurately portrayed my passion for me. Which brings me to something else that I'm proud of, my definition of storytelling. I had just recently picked up that book, The Thirteenth Child by Patricia Wrede and when I read that quote "There are many ways of seeing. Each has an element of truth, but none is the whole truth."  I Knew exactly where it would fit in my presentation and after I started to include that part, everything started to fall into place.  

2. What assessment would you give yourself on your lesson? Explain why you earned that grade using evidence from the component contract.

I think that I deserve an AE on my presentation. When I first started planning it out I was a bit sad because it felt like and AP presentation. Then I realized that I should really be embracing my creative side because that's what story telling is about and so I rewrote it all and I was really happy with what I came up with. I really put the effort into making smooth transitions from quote to quote and I really wanted the audience to be as excited as I was to be participating in NaNoWriMo. I believe I met all the criteria, but I am not quite sure because like I said I usually faze out during presentations. I tried to go above and beyond in a lot of ways. First of all I dressed the part of a comfy, slightly dirty looking writer. Second, I tried to use more creative ways to explain my newfound knowledge, mostly through my quotes and books. And last, I think I deserve some credit for making a half hour long presentation of beautiful knowledge fit into less than ten minutes. 


3. If you could go back, what would you change about your lesson?  How can you use that knowledge to give a better Lesson 2?

I would get a NaNoWriMo poster to put up and maybe set up a slide show of pictures of my mentorship and writing sessions/write ins. 
I can use this knowledge by actuallly doing it. Only problem is you have to pay for one of those posters and I am never photogenic during writing sessions. Oh well, I'll take one for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment