Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2016

Answer 2



Me, when people ask for my best answer. I'm not ready to choose!
1.  What is your EQ?
"How does an author communicate who they are through their stories?"
2.  What is your first answer? (In complete thesis statement format)
An author communicates who they are in their stories through setting.
3.  What is your second answer? (In complete thesis statement format)
An author communicates who they are in their stories through characters.
4.  List three reasons your answer is true with a real-world application for each.

Personal experience- Reflecting on my own story from Nanowrimo, I can see now how much I relate to my characters. They aren't just random choices, they are a creation of who I am and who I would like to be. Their worst qualities are my worst qualities, their interests are my interests. even the world they exist in is mirrored off of what I know.

Other author experience- Looking in the book Glimmer Train I see that I am not the only author who has experienced this. There are lots of accounts where authors admit that they pose characters and settings based off their personal life. Sometimes it's harder to find but it's usually there. Lots of the authors interviewed in Glimmer Train will support my answer. 

Obvious Patterns in analysis-Obvious Patterns is another way of saying common sense. Or maybe I mean undeniable evidence. How can you write about something you don't know? How can you escape your experiences and past?

5.  What printed source best supports your answer?
Glimmer Train-A book made completely of a wide spread of author's interviews.
NaNoWriMo-What better support than my own experience? I can share what I have felt, understood and written.

6.  What other source supports your answer?
Mentor, Alison Baker-My mentor is an author as well as a teacher. She has had nearly 16 years of higher education. I believe she qualifies as a source. By the way her answers are brilliant! I could pick her brain all day, but I will settle for our half hour meetings every Monday.

7.  Tie this together with a  concluding thought.
I am rather confident in my answers, and I know that there are more possible answers that I should explore. I might do so, just to test out if they are more promising. But for now these are my answers.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment