Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

As it gets closer, I lay on the floor, groaning with nervousness




After typing this up, I couldn't help but add this.

Do you know how stressful it is to know that you are going to be writing a book in approximately 12 days 5 hours and 55 minutes? It's pretty stressful. Especially when people keep coming up to you asking what you are gonna write about and want you to make them main characters (I'm looking at you Gen)

So even though it's not November yet (oh god) I still have things to do to prepare for NaNoWriMo. First off, I have to make a complete list of things that I do during the day, for a week. This way I will be able to figure out when I will be able to have my writing sessions and where. In other words, I have to figure out what times of the day I procrastinate on my responsibilities the most.


Let's be honest, most of my procrastination is looking at Chris Evans

It's actually pretty interesting though. When I first read the book that introduced me to NaNoWriMo I was thinking about rearranging my life in order to do this, but its the complete opposite. NaNoWriMo isn't for full time authors, it's for people with busy lives who want to try something new. So instead I will look at my schedule and categorize how I use my time by importance. When I find places where I am doing less important things, such as scrolling through tumblr for two hours, I will replace them with writing sessions instead. 


Here's a sneak peek to the month of November 

You know what's lame though? I'm going to have to remove those distractions for the entire month. For a whole month I will have to ban myself from tumblr and instagram and everything else. I don't know how I am going to do that. How am I gonna update my blog?! What about my followers!! My queue is going to have to be jam packed, oh my god. I cry just thinking of all the memes and gifs of Chris Evans I will never know. I shed a single tear as I think of all the snapchats I will miss out on. Oh the horror! (Nah I'm kidding, no way I'm deleting snapchat) 

No comments:

Post a Comment