Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Blog 7 - Second Interview Preparation


Who is your mentor and where do they work? If their workplace does not reflect their expertise, what makes them an expert? 

My mentor is Alison Baker, an english professor at Cal Poly Pomona. She is an ‘expert’ because she has years of experience as an english teacher, children’s english teacher and specifically with folklore. I’m not sure if I’m going to focus on folklore but I think it would be something to look into.

 What five questions will you ask them about their background? 
  • What college did you attend and did it help you find your your current job?
  • Did you plan on becoming  a professor or was it unexpected?
  • When did you start to love reading/stories? (for ex. I didn’t enjoy reading until the 4th grade)
  • Do you think you could be an author? If not, why not?
  • How important do you think language is when telling a story?

No comments:

Post a Comment