Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blog 1 – Senior Final Lesson/Interview Reflection




1.  What three lessons were most helpful for you to see, and why?
  • Imelda's presentation, Fashion- I learned to not be afraid of a very creative artsy activity.
  • Bell's presentation, Management in a Thai restraunt -I learned that being passionate and telling stories can transform a presentation. (For the better)
  • Elijah's presentation, Yearbook- I learned that your mentors don't necessarily have to be professionals in order to help you and you can still have a successful presentation even if your topic is really very specific.

2. List one thing that you learned about the senior project in interviews that will help you get off to a good start?
  • One good thing I learned from our interviews is that it's okay to have more than 1 mentor and might even be better.
3. What topic(s) are you considering, and why?
  • Storytelling- I am a huge fan of books and stories and everything that makes them. For my project I was thinking I could focus on what makes people choose a story to read. What are the contributing factors,
4. What EQ do you think might be interesting to consider in guiding a project like this? (Please don't worry about any sort of formula...we want this question to come from your genuine interest).

  • What is the biggest contribution/ Factor for a reader when choosing a story to read?
5. What are some ideas you have about finding summer mentorship?

  • I met an author named Frank Bedor who had said it might be possible 
  • I think that a librarian could also be a good resource since they work both with books and people
Buzzfeed,the app has an Instagram. They are always admitting the news and could be a good influence andy

No comments:

Post a Comment